Great tenants are worth rewarding – retaining quality tenants is a win-win situation for everyone involved.
Does your tenant pay the rent on time and take care of your property? If they do, they deserve some recognition. Christmas is the perfect opportunity to thank your tenants for looking after your property with a gift.
Here are a few ideas for festive tenant presents:
- Supermarket vouchers: everyone needs to buy food and drink, especially at Christmas. Rather than a hamper or bottle of wine, let your tenants choose.
- Fuel vouchers: another universal cost for all types of tenants.
- A voucher for the local shopping centre: a nearby mall with a wide range of stores so tenants can buy clothing, food or other items.
- A voucher for a store you know your tenant loves: if they love gaming, it might be EB Games, for a sporty sort it might be Rebel Sport, or the Warehouse if they have kids.
- New curtains, heat pump, or carpet for the property: something that will benefit the tenants without disrupting their lives too much while it’s being installed.
And don’t forget that the best way to keep your tenants is to communicate with them and maintain the property in a good condition. If you don’t want to manage your own property, or your current manager isn’t doing a good enough job, get in touch.